Here are 15 reasons to buy fabrics (Just incase you realy need them)
1. It insulates the closet where it is kept.
2. It helps keep the economy going.
3. It is our patriotic duty to support cotton farmers, textile mills and quilt shops.
4. It is less expensive and more FUN than psychiatric care.
5. Because it's ON SALE.
6. I'm participating in a contest...the one who dies with the most fabric wins.
7. It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to enjoy it, you never have to feed it, change it, wipe its nose, or walk it.
8. I need extra weight in the trunk of my car for traction on snowy icy roads. This is important, even in Florida, Southern California and ARIZONA...you never know when the weather will change.
9. Because I'm worth it.
10. Like dust, it's good for protecting previously empty spaces in the house, like the ironing board, the laundry hamper and the dining room table.
11. When the Big Earthquake comes, all the quilt shops might be swallowed into the ground and never be seen again.
12. Stress from dealing with the Fabric Control Officer (my husband) made me do it.
13. It's not immoral or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul, and makes me feel
14. Buy it now, before your husband retires and goes with you on all your shopping expeditions.
15. A yard a day is all the quilt shops of America ask.
One place where I read this added these two:
16. You have to buy twice the fabric so you can make a wearable muslin.
17. Your nearest fabric shop is quite far away so you have to buy everything while you're there to save on travel costs.