Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Pretty Park

As my parents and younger siblings were out of town this past weekend and my older sister working, I had the house all to myself for most of the day! What happiness! What bliss! Don't get me wrong, I adore my family and love spending time with them, but anyone with a large family can understand where I'm coming from when I say that I do enjoy a quiet day every once in a while. I was able to work un-interupted for hours on some of my sewing projects.

I had my own little tea table in my sewing nook.

My sister and I did a friends senior pictures at a beautiful park. I've been discovering such lovely places lately! Unfortunately we couldn't get any closer to the house as it is on private property.


So many fountains!

There is a huge (and I mean HUGE!) house on the property where the family used to live.

The story is that a well- to -do man built the gardens and fountains for his wife.

It looks like the statues guard the forest.

Working on the shoot

Roses in the rose arbor.

Overview of the rose garden. I wish they had all been in bloom...it must be magical!!

I love sundials!

Right behind the rose arbor there was a forest with more fountains and rock gardens.


There were a few pretty little walks through the woods.

And so in between helping with the photo shoot, I wandered through the park, imagining myself coming back someday with costumes to do a photo shoot. Maybe it will happen... :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment